I’m picking up my story from Friday at 12.30 a.m. (when I posted my last entry). Sara and I spent around 6 hours from that time just lying in bed talking, laughing our asses off, eating, and watching the video (she teared up a bit, but I pretended not to notice). Finally, at 6.45, we decided to turn the lights off. When we did, we realized the blinds were letting in a very bright spot of light.
So we immediately tried to cover it up. We were trying to figure out just how to do it, when her mom came in and asked “You guys aren’t asleep yet?” We explained the situation, and she offered her roll of scotch tape (yes, we didn’t have any scotch tape, hence the “trying” to figure out how to do it). As we were about to go stick papers, she reminded us that aluminum foil would do the job better. So we took the roll and headed to the room. We covered that one spot, then turned off the lights to look at the result. What do you know? There was still so0o much light coming in, but we hadn’t noticed it before (the blinds were’nt hitting the bottom of the windows.
So we went back to work. I think we covered about half of one window and two-thirds of the other. Finally, we thought. We went bck into bed and turned off the lights… Still so much light coming in!!! At this point, we just gave up, and said goodnight (not failing to talk and laugh for a while longer, though). We finally fell asleep around 7.30 though.
I got a text message at 10.30, and it woke me up. I stayed in bed for half an hour, then woke Sara up at 11 (that was the goal wake-up time so she could finalize packing and such). A few girls came over to say goodbye to her, and then she and I and two more were left.
I decided I wouldn’t leave it until the last minute, and dad was waiting for me at home anyway. So, I hugged her, and that point she said “Ah stop being silly we’ll see each other in a month”. I knew it was denial on her end, so I hugged her again and said goodbye. I got into the car and the driver drove off.
As I looked around in the streets, I noticed that although the sky hadn’t been clearer than at that moment for a few weeks, it felt very gloomy to me. And as memories flew around in my mind, I shed around 10 tears (it is quite impossible for me to cry unless I am angry).
When I got home, we had lunch, and then mom took out an amazing cake she made for me:

We spent the day chilling, and then went out for a bit. I got home around 7, and couldn’t keep my eyes open. So I decided to nap on the couch. 9 p.m. comes around, and I’m still dead; so I went up and into bed. Although I woke up many times throughout the night, I slept until 9 a.m.!!!

2 comments:
Hey Enas!
1) Welcome to summer vacation!
2) Just like you said, only when you're angry.
3)ALWAYS have duct tape handy, it solves all of life's complicated problems (or at least evil window shades).
However, it would have ruined her windows, and we would have been murdered by her mom !!! ;P
Post a Comment