Saturday, July 12, 2008

European Cities

A lot of people I know are saying how they want to see Europe... So this is a quick wrap-up about all the cities there I've seen (and more will be added is August hopefully)...

The United Kingdom:
London is a nice place, but the weather is very tricky, and mostly gloomy. I don't find the city as nice as most do; plus it's so0o expensive!!! But I guess it's still a must-see
Its suburbs are nice enough... But not somewhere to holiday...
Now the museums in London are very cool... And Windsor Castle and Hampton Court as well... I also heard Leeds is gorgeous but I haven't been yet...
A place you have to try there: The Fat Duck Restaurant (Heston Blumenthal's)... You will change your mind about what you consider to be reasonable dishes!!!

France:
I went to Paris so long ago I vaguely remember... But I do remember the Louvre which is incredible (target a whole day just for that)... And I hear Versailles is beautiful, but we didn't get the chance to go (but it's in the to-do list for a summer in the near future)... 
The food there was so good we all ate like 10 times a day lol...
Nice: Had dinner there; nice place, but I heard Cannes is nicer...

Monaco:
Very nice country and can be seen the same day as Nice (1 hour drive)... Nice weather in the whole area as well...

Italy:
Rome is a gorgeous place where you need to spend at least 3-4 days... Great food too... Very hot in August
Venice is very nice too, although I was so tempted to get a rifle and just shoot at all the pigeons!!! (even worse than London... and they don't even fly away when you shu them)
Lucca was a very nice small city
Portofino is an amazing romantic getaway with gorgeous scenery... Hotel Splendido lunch/stay 10000%
I don't remember all the other cities, but they were all great...

Spain:
Marbella is a very nice place... But so0o0o0o crowded in August!!! 
Suggestion: Hotel Puente Romano... Or [Marbella Club Hotel] I think? (same owner and right next to it)... trust me perfect location and style for that place...
Mijas is a very nice city in the mountains... Must eat at Valpariso (great food and show)... Plus the guy's daughter has a place down in Marbella which is really nice too (Regina?)
AlHambra is a must see (truly gorgeous)...

Croatia:
Gorgeous place... Very good food... Must see the haunted island off Dubrovnik

If you want to go to Europe: TAKE A CRUISE! Believe me you won't regret it... Crystal Cruises: AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! Amazing food, services, and on-land excursions...

More to come on Russia, Estonia, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland Inshallah(hopefully)... And hopefully eventually Berlin, Portugal, and a recap of Paris...

No comments: