Sunday, July 13, 2008

MIT FTW!

When I went to Dubai, I searched endlessly for a cinema playing the movie “21”. See, I heard about it at the MIT Admit/Alumni dinner in April; everyone was talking about it. I thought ‘Well it’s about MIT students, so naturally MIT folk would be talking about it and how good it was or they had heard it was. I figured as an MIT prefrosh, it would be kind of silly not to see it (plus I enjoy seeing good movies, what a shock!)...

Finally, a DVD store I usually buy movies at (not real copies though, so they come out before the actual DVD) brought it in. With how busy it’s been the past few days at home (I really don’t know what was so busy but that’s what I heard) the driver didn’t manage to go get it until tonight.

We started the movie (my parents, my sister and I)... I thought ‘what a nice way to see what the campus looks like’ ...

Now on to what I thought of the movie... It was brilliant! To the point where I wouldn’t mind seeing it again in the near future at all. Amazing people, those MIT students and professor. Mom was like ‘you sure you wanna go join the MIT world?’ HELL YES!!
The actors are great, the plot amazing (true story too), and the footage of the campus; beautiful! I definitely recommend the movie to anyone who hasn’t seen it.

Kevin Spacey did a great job. Plus, I love how sometimes the student is wittier than the master. When you watch it, you’ll get what I mean.

MIT FTW!!!!!!!!

P.S. Mom begged me to find out more about the professor, and whether any of the alums I knew know him lo0o0o0ol...

1 comment:

Becca said...

I'm glad you liked it. The connection is just awesome. Campus doesn't really look like that though. A lot of it was filmed at Boston University and a couple other schools.