A few months ago, when I was still trying to decide about where to go to college, I had a dream. When I woke up from it, I laughed about it and moved on. A few days ago, however, something reminded me of the dream.
I dreamt (in early/mid April) that I was standing there in the MiT dorm, and that we were about to be allowed to run around and look at the rooms, and pick our room. If we picked a double, we’d get a roommate too. In the process of running around, some rooms were for us freshmen, while others were already occupied by upperclassmen. The dorm was great and I found my room (although since it was a dream the room was about as big as my whole house here lol). Nonetheless, I liked the feeling. I never made it to the part where I move in, though; I just remember getting to hanging out on a street corner with my new roommate and a few floor-mates.
A few weeks ago, I find out about REX: when freshmen get to look at all the dorms and attempt to get the one they most wanted, one last time.
A few days ago, I hear about Rush. It wasn’t explained to me, but I am assuming, based on the conversations, that you basically run around your dorm and pick the room you want there (granted it’s not occupied). A bit like my dream?
(P.S. Since I’m a McCormick student, I don’t technically get to do either, but I can do Rush in a certain way, apparently).
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment