Wednesday, July 16, 2008

To Ben Jones

Ben,

I may be the one person who will not say "your blogs inspired me to apply" or "they made me think MIT is the place for me"... I am the one prefrosh who applied for the heck of applying. I am the one prefrosh who just wanted the satisfaction of getting into MIT without the intention of attending.

Yet, you saw through all that. Somehow, you managed to see just how it WOULD be the place for me, how I would fit in, how I would love it.

I applied for the reputation and the name. I got in. But I stayed for the people; all the prefrosh you accepted have already become some of my close friends, and I haven't even met them yet. All the blogs you wrote, which I read after accepting my offer of admission *blushes shamefully* convinced me I made the right choice. And all the support you have shown us these past few months, made me realize what a great community I am joining.

Needless to say, you will be missed by many people... But I feel sorry for all those who did not know you, including myself. You are a legend who's name will always be mentioned and who's work will never be forgotten.

You have been great so far, so no matter where life takes you, do not let that change...

I'm sure every MIT alum/student/prefrosh/prospective is thinking the same thing: it's such a shame, but at least you had a good run here.

Thank you for everything, and never be a stranger.

No comments: